Kernel Version

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 25 21:09:33 UTC 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Dave Stubbs wrote:

> Is there a plan to move to the 2.6 kernel?
>
> It would definitely motivate me to give Fedora a real try - maybe run it
> exclusively on my test box.
>
> Otherwise it's just one of the crowd of test distros out there, y'know?

so download it from www.kernel.org and install it.  no big deal.
the problem with waiting until it comes out officially is that
the move from 2.4 to 2.6 is a fairly big jump, and could be
a bit traumatic.

if you're playing with it now, and keeping up with the constant
stream of patches and updates, then you get a nice, gradual
transition into it.  much less stressful.

rday