Kernel Version

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 21:47:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:20, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> But I've found that a little more difficult with Red-Hattish distros.
> Maybe if Fedora took a stand and became a 2.6-based install from the
> git-go, it would be easier.  The nicest thing about RedHat is that you
> put in the CDs and a few minutes later you have a nice, complete,
> running system.  It would be nice to have that WITH 2.6 already there.

Arjan has kernels at http://people.redhat.com/~arjanv/2.5/ that work
with the current Fedora.

There's a not insignificant amount of work required to get the installer
working with 2.6, and I'd far rather get the current stuff out so that
people can use it before I start breaking everything again :)

Cheers,

Jeremy