test of upcoming libxml2-2.6.0 beta version

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 23:09:59 UTC 2003

  I plan to provide a new version of libxml2-2.6.0 including a lot
of changes at various level, it should provide significant speedups
but I'm still a bit worried about possible ABI compatibilities which
may have resulted from the massive changes done since 2.5.11 last stable
version. I have provided a new set of RPMs and tarball at
     http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/libxml2/
including packages precompiled and signed for severn and shrike.
I have run for the most part of the day with that version on
my workstation without any apparent problem, but I would be
interested in possible ABI breakage that a larger pool of tester
may find :-)
  For those interested in the change done in the library and
at the API level there is a few posts about those.
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2003-September/msg00146.html
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2003-September/msg00115.html

Daniel