beta 1 laptop install and fix

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 17:30:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:57:55PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> >> Not just you.
> >> I've noticed it too.
> >>
> > me too - which makes me happy coz rh9 is a bit of a slugger on my machine.
>
> Any information on what may be behind the performance improvements?

One possibility, especially if you were comparing to an up2date kernel
from test1 (only a week's worth of changes, basically), would be that
the scheduler interactivity changes that were just accepted into Linus's
tree in the 2.6.0-test kernels were backported.  (A think-o in that
backport is what caused the SMP instability and has now been fixed in
the packages at http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/severn/)

We at least think we can really notice the difference.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/