problems with samba 3

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 19:05:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 14:29, Rainer Hattenhauer wrote:

> So right now, I'm able to "see" the samba-box from my WinXp-System, but I
> can't browse the shares of the linux-box.
>
> In a previous posting, there were some hints about the authentification
> mode, but I didnt't figured out the proper parameters in smb.conf.
>
> Another point is that browsing the network from Nautilus with smb:// doesn't
> work anymore too, with the last release 0.93 I didnt't had any Problems.
>
> Can someone give me a hint, please ?

Try:

        map to guest = Bad User

Browsing Samba servers anonymously (ie, no name/password) is disabled by
default now (for obvious security reasons) - you must explicitly enable
it.

--
Lon Hohberger
Red Hat, Inc. --> http://www.redhat.com

The views expressed in this electronic mail message are mine alone
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Red Hat, Inc.