Can I use up2date to update my Severn 9.0.93 to 9.0.94?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 21:14:38 UTC 2003

On Sep 26, 2003, "Leonard den Ottolander" <leonardjo at hetnet.nl> wrote:

>  That might be true, but I am syncing my package tree with the ftp version
> of severn and then rawhide and upgrade from there. When I still had cable I
> didn't mind downloading a lot if ISO's, but on a 256Kb line it takes about
> 7 hours to download 1 ISO. It would probably even be faster to reconstruct
> the ISO's myself if I felt like it. Which makes me think, is there an lslR
> of the ISO images available somewhere?

I don't think so, but if you create a tarball of your rawhide tree
plus disc1 of the previous beta (for the stage and boot images),
create hard-links with the names of the iso files and rsync them from
an rsync server that carries the isos, you'll be amazed at how quickly
you can get the isos :-)  WORKSFORME