test2 initial reactions

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Fri Sep 26 22:47:57 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 06:22:07PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> John Alexander Thacker (thacker at math.cornell.edu) said:
> > This would be fine except that, after an upgrade from RHL 9,
> > redhat-config-packges still seems to think that RHL 9 is installed instead
> > of Fedora Core 0.94.  That is, the packages and groups it lists as choices to
> > add are still those of RHL 9, including removed packages like LPRng.
> > (This also leads to things like package groups being listed as "not installed"
> > due to the removal of packages like libunicode-devel.)
>
> Was this upgrade done with the installer?

Yes.

> What does 'rpm -q comps' say?

[jat48 at thacker jat48]$ rpm -q comps
comps-9-0.20030313

Aha.  Hmm, the same thing happened with rpmdb-redhat, although I did upgrade
that by hand.  I didn't know about comps.

0.94 < 9, so the installer apparently didn't do the upgrade, since the RHL
9 package looked newer to rpm.  In fact to upgrade comps right now I have
to use --force.

<go away, come back after testing>

After doing that upgrade it seems to work better, with only a few references
to groups referencing packages which don't exist anymore.  Those errors don't
seem to be critical.

John