redhat-config-packages bugs

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Sep 26 23:37:52 UTC 2003

i did an upgrade on my laptop from Red Hat 9 to test 2.  i personally don't
use Gnome and normally don't have it installed a friend wanted to see gnome
in action  so i went to redhat-config-packages  it told me i had no kde and
no gnome packages installed.  i have all kde and some gnome stuff as i like
to use applications such as gnomemeeting.  i selected all gnome packages to
be installed  and got dependencie errors over pspell and aspell  deselected
gedit  and promptly got asked for Red Hat 9 CD 1it would not continue with
the install so i did the install manually and ran redhat-config-packages
again to see what it would show  and again no kde or gnome packages are
installed.  in the games it shows i have kdegames installed so its getting
some  but not the main desktop ones.  anyone seen anything simmiliar

Dennis