Problem fixed: Network: "Hisax device eth0"

Christoph Wickert wickert at muenster.de
Sat Sep 27 17:11:50 UTC 2003

Hi!
I had to remove all my network hardware (both Fritzcard and RT 8139) and
to reinstall it in redhat-config-network. The problem seems to be caused
by kudzu, which didn't detect my hardware properly: I'm not sure, what
module it used for my ethernet, but the Fritzcard PCI was detected as
"AVM A1 ISDN Controller", removed and reinstalled. (If it want's install
as an active card, it should also load the kernelcapi modules)

"hisax device eth0" is definitely wrong.

Christoph

--
"Wenn zu perfekt - Gott böse."
                              Nam June Paik