Can I use up2date to update my Severn 9.0.93 to 9.0.94?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Sep 28 04:24:35 UTC 2003

On Sep 27, 2003, "Leonard den Ottolander" <leonardjo at hetnet.nl> wrote:

> Sorry, but I am loosing you here. Could you explain this in a little more
> detail please? Maybe even a step by step?

tar -cf bitsandpieces.tar any files or directories that might \
  contain files similar or identical to what's in the ISOs

mkdir severn-i386-isos
for f in 1 2 3; do
  ln bitsandpieces.tar severn-i386-isos/severn-i386-disc$f.iso
  ln bitsandpieces.tar severn-i386-isos/severn-SRPMS-disc$f.iso
done

rsync -av rsync://rsyncserver/.../redhat/beta/severn/en/iso/i386/ \
  severn-i386-isos/ --progress

>  By the way, I don't see how this procedure would result in iso's

That's the magic of rsync.  It will use whatever bits you throw at it
to avoid having to download those parts of the iso images.