problems with samba 3

Rainer Hattenhauer Rainer.Hattenhauer at t-online.de
Sun Sep 28 06:32:13 UTC 2003

>Did you try the SignOrSeal registry fix on the XP box?  I'm not sure
>if it's still required with Samba 3.0, but trying it can't hurt. . .

I can't imagine that this is the point: the connection to XP with samba
worked well with RH9 / old samba 2.x, so I think something has changed on
the samba / linux side, pointing towards a configuration problem of the new
samba 3.

Perhaps the problem will be solved when the peole will try to fix
redhat-config-samba, which is not working properly in my case.

By now, I did the following workaround to communicate with XP:

I use smbmount //192.168.0.1/<folder> /mnt/winxp

under linux, where 192.168.0.1 is the IP of my XP-box, <folder> is a public
folder on the XP-box and /mnt/winxp is the mount point on the red hat box.

Works in both directions, but it's not satisfying at all.

Greetings
                    Rainer