Fedora Test 2 first testing

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Sep 28 14:36:45 UTC 2003

PXE install was totally hosed so I've installed it on a PII/266 laptop
box instead.

-	Overall performance when swapping is a lot better
-	Program start up times are now abysmal, way worse than before
	and the disk is mostly idle during this.
-	Metacity has acquired yet another 'end user non recoverable'
	way to hose your window sizing and doesn't appear to have fixed
	any of the long standing ones.

Overall its feeling nice - the slow program startup time is an annoyance
but I can now run both openoffice and mozilla on a 192Mb box without it
being at all painful.

I've filed the following:

105853  ACPI laptop extras in kernel (should be module) and run regardless
105854  PXE horked
105855  Metacity window resizing more hosed than ever
105856  rhgb short translations
105857  redhat-menus short translations
105858  gdm presession default seems to have problems with shell
        metacharacters in names