Email and browsing options

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 16:37:17 UTC 2003

Bjorn Andersen wrote:

>I always use Epiphany, since it first came in rawhide. It makes the
>desktop experience more complete, to have everything use the gnome GUI.
>
>But, the registered mailto protocol in GNOME is not Evolution. Mailto is
>not even a registered protocol. (I do know how to register it...)

i do not know how to register it

>Why not make Epiphany

i am satisfied with mozilla/netscape as browser
with epiphany, galeon, firebird i had sometimes to change back to
moz/net on some sites.

> and Evolution

i need no outlook-replacement
here too, i am satisfied with mozilla/netsacpe
i need a prog that can handle thousands of emails, multi profiles or
accounts
and which i can use on multi plattforms, mbox-format is ok
eg.
$ mail -f /mozilla/mozilla/..../Mail/shrek-m\@gmx.de/spam
$ du -sh /mozilla/
584M    /mozilla
(not a lot attachments)

my personal opinion:
sylpheed or mozilla-thunderbird could be a candidate in future

> the default clients for handling
>http, https and mailto? To make the experience complete.
>(Maybe even make Xchat the irc:// handler?)
>
>The choice to use mozilla as deafult browser, will start mozilla-mail
>for email klient (when you click on a mailto link while browsing). Even
>if Evolution is registered as mailto handler.
>
>People who misses Mozilla (old mozilla users), normally knows how to
>make mozilla the deafult browser.

sorry, i do not know how to make mozilla as default browser, and i would
say that i am an old mozilla-user (windows, linux, (mac) )

summary,
i am happy with the default settings and hope that this will not change
in the near future  ;-)

--
shrek-m