totem

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:58:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:43:32PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Nicholas Marsh wrote :
>
> > Why was this not included in Fedora? Does it have questionable code?
>
> I don't think it couldn't be included, but as there is no MPEG, DivX etc.
> support by default in the gstreamer shipped, having totem would seem quite
> pointless :-/ Not to mention users complaining about "the media player not
> working" :-(

True.  Speaking of which, I hope that you, and/or whoever is making the
rpms at rpm.livna.org, make a gstreamer-plugins-missing package, or
something similar, that contains the plugins removed from Fedora, similar
to the xmms-mp3 packages.  (No offense intended, but I hope it's not Dag
that hosts the packages, since my download rate from his site is nonexistent.)

John Thacker