Fedora Test 2, DHCP

Vidyut Luther vid at linuxpowered.com
Mon Sep 29 14:40:10 UTC 2003

Hello all,
 I've been playing with Test 2 all weekend, looking at the emails on the
list and doing what all was suggested, so far things work, so nothing
extremely new to report.

My problem with the firewire drive still exists, Ben Hsu's,
rescan-scsi-bus.sh script solution works like a charm.

A new problem I've encountered now, is DHCP/Internet connectivity
problems. Prior to Test 2, I would get a DHCP connection from my cable
modem, which would assign the ip, and voila, i'd be surfing the net like
a happy camper. I could do this for 3-4 days on end, usually after which
i would turn the computer off, or reboot into windows for some games..
either way.. now, after a few hrs, I seem to lose my gw, or something,
as route takes forever to finish, and if I do a service network restart,
things start working again immediately.

I'm in San Antonio, I haven't tested this time out issue with windows, I
just left for work so I've left the computer on in Windows bootup,
letseee if it loses it's ip/gateway information there.. if so, then I
know it's a time warner problem.. otherwise it might be a Test 2
problem. If it is.. does anyone know what could be causing this ? Some
sort of power management ? turns network card off ?.
I'm using 3c509 card.