Kernel Compile -- 802.11g Wireless 54Mbps PCMCIA Card

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 30 03:05:25 UTC 2003

I bought the SMC card and when I plugged it into the laptop, the
intersil driver I had compiled loaded right away. However the card went
into sleep mode according to the kernel messages. I'm not sure what
sleep mode means. I am sure I still have a lot of networking
configuration to do, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Someone wrote a
HOWTO covering this for a Debian machine and I'll study it and sort of
follow along, even though he used the Netgear WG511.

So I'm just taking my very first steps with wireless internet on Linux.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Bob

--
Bob Cochran