Lexmark T522 - Markvision seg-fault

Sean Craig seanc at tech-access.com
Tue Sep 30 07:38:17 UTC 2003

Hi All,

Does anybody use a lexmark printer - particularly the T52x-series?

The Lexmark printers use a really old-style gui (markvision is the
program) to configure the advanced options (multi-up pages, duplex
printing, etc).

The latest rpm's from the Lexmark site install fine, and I can create a
new virtual device.

When I try create a new queue, the thing seg-faults.  The documentation
mentions "Enhanced Printer Drivers requires a running LPD program to
create queues."  Thus I have enabled cups-lpd.  (I do have another
printer queue defined in /etc/printcap.   This is needed also...)

Anybody have a clue??

Thanks

Sean Craig