SATA errors linger in test2

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 1 04:42:39 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 22:07, Rio Baan wrote:
> I have an ASUS P4G8X-Deluxe using the Silicon image on-board SATA RAID.
> On install, the two raid drives are detected as hde and hdg (why no
> hdf?!?) and since the contents are in NTFS, obviously the installer
> can't read them. Instead anaconda instructs me to WIPE them out removing
> ALL DATA! It's not really a bug, but an installer threatening to kill my
> large RAID for no apparent reason is a bit scary.

Linux does not support winraid arrays, such as what your SATA system is
providing.  Just straight sata access to single disks.  If you want sata
raid, go get a hardware card from LSI (more than 2 ports) or 3ware.

> Also, any idea why FC2 is giving me two kernels? I don't have a twin CPU
> machine (I recently put a a 533Mhz P4 3.06Ghz into my box) so now I
> can't see why I am getting an SMP kernel as an added bonus.

Your CPU supports "HyperThreading" which is a second set of processing
gates on the physical processor.  Thus it appears to the OS as a
multiprocessor system.  Boot the smp kernel, and cat /proc/cpuinfo

Was I helpful?  Let others know: