Synaptics touchpad

Hans Engelen hans.engelen at pandora.be
Thu Apr 1 12:38:57 UTC 2004

Just wondering (haven't downloaded FC2T2 yet due to ISP download constraints,
blech), is the synaptics touchpad extended functionality (doubletap,
multifinger etc) restored in FC2T2 ? It was entered into bugzilla for FC2T1
and was a big nuisance for me too so.

Incase it was not, I fixed it on my FC2T1 setup with the 2.6.4 kernel update
from RHN and by installing the synaptics driver for XFree that lives at this
address : http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/

If you are wondering about the patches to the kernel done by Dimitry Torokhov,
those are present already in the 2.6.4-1.298 (and up?) kernel. All I had to
do was download the Xfree driver and follow the instructions on how to
install it and modify XF86config and hey presto. I am not sure when or where
the doubletap functionality was lost and if this is by design or not, but in
a way I am glad since this driver allows me to finetune many of the extended
capabilities of the touchpad to my personal liking (acceleration, doubletap
timelimits etc etc).

Anyways, it worked like a charm on my Dell C600 so I am happy.