Screen Goes Black

Brandon Petersen fedora at gxconcepts.com
Thu Apr 1 17:19:32 UTC 2004

I've installed Fedora Core 2 Test 2 onto a Dell Dimension 2100 (800Mhz
Intel, 196mb Ram).  I've been testing things out, submitting bug
reports.  But there is one thing I can't seem to figure out and submit a
bug.

Sometimes the screen goes black, and I cannot regain control of it.
Ctrl-Backspace doesn't exit out of X, Ctrl-Alt-# doesn't bring me to a
terminal.  It seems to happen randomly, could  possibly be from no
activity, but I'm not sure.

I can ssh into the box, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do
to determine what is going on with the X Server from an ssh session?

Any suggestions on determining what is causing the lockout and blackout
screen from ssh?

Thanks

Brandon Petersen