A followup report

Jonathan Corbet lwn-fedora-test at lwn.net
Thu Apr 1 21:28:46 UTC 2004

Previously I had reported on my x86_64 upgrade from FC1, which had croaked
with a python error...

...as I threatened, I went ahead and did a clean install on the system,
seeing as it was hosed anyway.  It all seemed to go well; no python crashes
this time around.

X is still completely screwed up (on my Radeon 9200SE) with the FC2t2
kernel; I get a confused mess on the screen and no response to the
keyboard.  The pointer works, though, FWIW.

When I boot 2.6.5-rc3, after ensuring that the radeon and agpgart modules
are loaded, X works just fine.  At least, it did after I brought in an old
config file; it wasn't set up to run in 1600x1200, even though the (newly
renamed, it seems) system-config-display utility said it was going to.

Incidentally, that tool doesn't know about my ViewSonic A110 monitor.  Must
be time to get one of those nice LCD panels.

Ah, yes, I had to turn off kudzu to get the system to boot with the FC2t2
kernel; otherwise I get an oops in sys_delete_module and everything comes
to a stop.  I have no clue of which module it was trying to unload.

Anyway, I'm running to the point where I don't think I'll retreat to FC1.
We'll see what I run into next...

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net