SATA errors linger in test2

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 01:00:46 UTC 2004

>Can you boot single CPU kernel?

Nope! Can't get FC test2 first booting at all on either kernel. Install was
painless though.

>If so - try building a vanilla kernel with SMP support and booting that.
>That may give a clue as to who's fault the panic us (patches or vanilla)

I'll compile a vanilla kernel using the latest 2.6 from kernel.org on
another machine and use the config file from test2. I'll try and drop that
into my system and see what it does.

>Also if you can boot single cpu - maybe the 2.4 fedora kernel has the
>issue resolved - so you could update to that.

I haven't tried, but when I had a P4 2.4A CPU in the same hardware (I only
swapped the CPU recently) FC1 had the same problem. It's definitely SATA
RAID related because I can get the machine to boot if I just unplug the
drives from the RAID controller on the motherboard. Still, I don't feel that
I should have to open my case everytime I want to boot into FC.

Also with the acpi options..... these are directives that I put into GRUB
before booting, right? I've done this before in LILO, but I'm not sure how
it works out in GRUB.