mouse not detected

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Mon Apr 5 04:56:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 14:12, mike g wrote:

> I just tried kernel-2.6.4-1.302 and followed instructions at
> http://fedoranews.org/jorge/howto/howto01.shtml and after rebooting
> kudzu did not find my mouse.  I could still get into the non-graphical
> mode but the X Server wouldn't run.

I have some notes at:
	http://www.bytebot.net/fedora/fc2test.html

And from there, it might mean that:
/dev/psaux emulation has disappeared - so mice and X might before quirky
(i.e. they won't work); they need to point to /dev/input/mice instead.
Tim Quinn actually takes us through all the files that need changes at
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00903.html.

> The mouse is a Micro Innovations 2 button ps2.  2.4 detects as a generic
> mouse(appropriate for a walmart special...)

If its not /dev/psaux emulation related, then this could be another
problem...
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/