FC2T2 Evolution not so stable

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Apr 6 02:30:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 12:40 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> I had that issue with the 1.5 branch - but 1.4 has been rock solid
> stable for me.
>
> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 12:03, Will Backman wrote:
> > [whb at cei3440 whb]$ rpm -q evolution
> > evolution-1.4.6-1
> >
> > I find that Evolution crashes (but offers to restart) a few times a day
> > while checking e-mail.  Anyone else having stability problems?

Have had much worse problems with 1.4 on FC1 (work system) than current
(http://people.redhat.com/katzj/evolution/) 1.5 on FC2T1/2 (home), but
neither has been rock solid.  Haven't gone back to try 1.4 on the
development branch because there seems to be no good way to downgrade
the mail directories.  If it weren't for my desire to keep my local mail
archives I'd be switching mail software, but am still hoping for a
better Evolution.

Phil