selinux problem (was /sbin/ldconfig problem)

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Apr 6 11:25:53 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 07:13, PFJ wrote:
> I've rebooted with selinux=0 on the boot line and can now happily
> install packages. Is there any way to make selinux slightly less insane
> when it comes to user installs?

Instead of selinux=0 (which completely disables selinux) use enforcing=0
(which puts you into permissive mode).

In permissive mode all of the security policies are tested but nothing is
denied (although the denied messages are issued).

This allows file labeling to still work and not get screwed up.

You can also switch between enforcing and permissive modes at runtime with the
setenforce command.

You really should read the RELEASE-NOTES
--
Gene