ATI and DRI

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Tue Apr 6 14:30:53 UTC 2004

I have a HP NX7010 laptop that has a ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 chip.
When I first got it, I installed Fedora Core 1 onto the machine and
everything except the Centrino Wireless card worked out of the box, including
DRI on the ATI.
Quake3 was giving me ~200 fps on the machine, making Fedora Crore 1 a
very pleasing experience on this laptop.
However, after installing 1.91 (and up2date'd via rawhide) DRI is not
working.

[ra at rikkilap ra]$ glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
direct rendering: No

I really miss the "Yes" that was here in FC1 :)

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Administrator.
               --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.