Installation woes.

Kc2LTO - Andrew Ragone spdemon6 at optonline.net
Tue Apr 6 16:04:04 UTC 2004

Well for one I will say that am am quite computer literate. So I have looked
at several problems that it could be [cables not attached] as well as
reburning ISOs, redownloading, installing from different versions and
different media.  Anyway, the computer I am using is a Celeron 500 Dell
[gx110 slim desktop style] I have had FC1 on it for awhile and before that
even RED HAT and windows. I have no idea why it is giving me such a problem
this time but it seems to boot off of the boot.img file [in isolinux on the
first cd] and floppy disks but not any other cds [linux cds that is because
I have not tried any other ones] it has 320 MB and I get no errors. Although
I will say that every so often the CDs will start to boot and then stop,
sometimes the computer [but rarly] will restart after trying to boot from
CD, and if I turn off the power and put it back on the CD will be more
likely to boot. I am going to try another CDROM drive although I doubt that
is the problem.

  _____