can't ftp, telnet, or ssh to FC2T2 box

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 23:05:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 21:25, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> David L wrote:
> >> On Tuesday 06 April 2004 17:13, David L wrote:
> > Ok... that fixed my problem, but I selected no firewall during
> > installation (I think).  Here's the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg:
> >
> ...snip...
> > firewall --disabled
> ...snip...
>
> Hmm, I had the same here, installed with firewall disabled but iptables
> service was running after reboot. I didn't find anything in bugzilla
> about that.

I've not filed a bug report (wasn't quite sure if this latest release is
just Fedora Core 2 .. or test2). I ended up deciding that test2 must be
FC1.

It seems as though the bug from FC1 was that selecting no firewall
resulted in firewall --enabled in the anaconda kickstart config. However
with FC2test2 the result is  firewall --disabled in kickstart config-
yet the firewall is enabled. So I think this is a different bug and this
should get filed.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.