screensaver setup and tuxracer hang X?

Bob Barnes bobarnes at charter.net
Thu Apr 8 12:27:28 UTC 2004

Is there a fix for this, the only way I have to get out of trying to
setup the screen saver is to do a reboot. I have an intel integrated
graphics card (on the mb) and heard this was a bug on some of these.

The screen locks, no mouse movement, nothing.

Graphics Controller: Intel 82845G
Adapter string: Intel 82845G /GL/GE/PE/GV controller
Mem Size = 64megs

I haven't installed any drivers in Linux, I did in winxp, but it didn't
affect FC1 screen savers. It wouldn't have anything to do with linux
would it?

Never tried glxgears but tuxracer gives me a black screen then some
flashes of color and lines in sections of the screen then I need to
reboot also. Same as screen saver setup.

Must be the drivers????
Looked at Intel site and didn't find any for linux, hope this is enough
info to get started.

I believe the screen saver is set for 30 minutes, at that time it kicks
in and all locks up also.  If I keep working  all is fine as long as I
have nothing to do with the SS.