Install via grub - Why clean HD?

Scott Merritt scott at smerritt.com
Fri Apr 9 18:58:54 UTC 2004

Before drove everyone nuts asking yet another question about how to
install FC2 without booting off the CD, I searched the list.

I have FC1 installed, and saw a post the mentioned copying the needed
files from /isolinux on the first FC2 cd, and then tweaking grub.conf to
use them since I can't boot from the CD.  I figured I'd play around with
this strategy, except, the poster mentioned having a clean hard drive.
Why would I need a clean HD?  Is it unable to upgrade like I'd prefer to
do since I already have FC1 running good?

Thanks,
-smerritt