Tomcat now works in FC2!

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 08:31:47 UTC 2004

Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 07:22:16PM +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> > Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > > Excellent, out of curiosity is a naoko/rhug'ised log4j going to
> > > be going into FC2.
> >
> > Probably not in time FC2; I'd like to do the build system changes
> > and JPackage interop stuff before I start adding any packages.
> > Though I'm prepared to make exceptions -- how useful/vital is
> > log4j to users in general?
>
> Fair enough I can build against the JPackage rpm at the moment (it's
> to play with getting jrpm native).  We already have commmons-logging
> in FC2 so it's probably not a huge issue.

Ok, but note that the commmons-logging in FC2 is missing the log4j
classes.  If you built a native log4j you'd have to either rebuild
commmons-logging or provide the extra classes somewhere else.  The
ultimate solution would be to have a commmons-logging-log4j subpackage
with them in, so you could install log4j only if required.  Not sure
how possible this is though...

Gary