Re; 4KSTACKS again.

Dan fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Wed Apr 14 01:36:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 at 16:15, Andy Ross wrote:

> ...., but simply an "early access" breakage that NVidia would
> have had to deal with eventually in any case.

<cough> I'm sorry - no-one says nVidia or ATI or anyone else *have* to do
anything. If I've spent my hard-earned development dollars on a driver
that - admitedly being closed source - actually WORKS, and the kernel goes
and changes such a fundamental thing as to completely break things, with
absolutely no way to config-option things to a working state again, then
I'm affraid I would say "stuff you too". What motivation is there for
nVidia to go BACK to the drawing board and re-do all their drivers?

I just think it's a bit rude to go breaking compatibility, with NO
OPTION to back out of the compatibility change, and then have the attitude
of "well, too bad. if you wanna run with working 3D drivers, go use
Windows".