up2date : resume installation of downloaded packages

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Thu Apr 15 11:07:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 00:57, Hannes Mayer wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I tried a full up2date on my FC2test2 installation yesterday.
> That was quite a challange, since up2date hanged every now
> and then, but finally I managed that it downloads all the
> needed packages.
>
> But while installing some of the packages, the up2date froze
> once again.
>
> How do I resume the installation of the downloaded packages ?
>
> When I started up2date again the whole process of comparing
> packages and selecting them started again.
You might have to select a few packages and incrementally proceed.
Since one of the packages may be causing a problem.
Sometimes I end up running up2date 3 or 4 times. The first time I only
upgrade the kernel. The second time I choose about a third of the
packages, etc...

If it is clear which package is failing during installation simply the
don't select that one and file a bug report.

Good News: If the packages were already downloaded, up2date will
recognize this and will not start over with the download. So, things
will indeed be faster this time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ernest