ASUS SK8V and Sound

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Apr 15 13:33:54 UTC 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 09:01, Karen Spearel wrote:
> Does your sound slider snap back to zero when you adjust it?  It does
> here on a clean/un-updated install of FC2T2 x86_64 for both a user and
> root.  Sound is not working on my K8V on the selinux-enable install
> although it is working fine on the selinux-disabled install.  Sorta
> looks to me like this problem is that the audio output level is being
> forced to zero...will test further when up2date is completed...although
> I am wondering if libselinux is going to cause problems since I find no
> revised x86_64 version anywhere.

The slider and general volume control problem is fixed by updating to the
latest policy/policy-sources plus udev.

However, I have gotten reports from some folks with K8V motherboards that
sound works.  I am not talking about the K8V ... I am talking about the SK8V.

As I mentioned in my original message, I have no idea if the motherboards are
the same or not (except for the socket754 versus socket840 business).  I am
trying to find someone with an SK8V so I can compare notes.
--
Gene