trivial but anoying pauses in KNewsTicker scrolling

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Fri Apr 16 14:35:00 UTC 2004

I notice a trivial, but anoying issue with KNewsTicker now that
I'm using test 2.  I don't know if its KNewsTicker, or test 2
thats causing it.

After an unknown period of time, KNewsTicker no longer
scrolls smoothly across its window.  Every second, it
pauses for about 1/10 second, and then resumes.

I can't use something like 'top' to see what else is running
because its viewing interval is only 1 second, and it won't
catch these 'short' interruptions (if it _is_ an interruption).