nv driver (was Re: 4K STACKS)

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Mon Apr 19 01:00:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 01:40, Alan Cox wrote:

> Depending on the bug. We actually know a fair bit about how the chip works
> but the 3D people I know would rather work with friendly vendors than
> reverse engineer Nvidia. For the 2D stuff Nvidia do indeed write and donate
> drivers to XFree86/whoever

Hi Alan,

Will we ever see a 3D-capable "nv" driver instead of resorting to using
the official "nvidia" driver from nVidia? Will this always be simply
"no" while nVidia is closed-source or is there reverse engineering hope
out there?

Regards,
-Matt
--
mhelios - www.fedoraforum.org
Registered Linux User #348963 / counter.li.org