FC2 menus

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Apr 19 07:39:15 UTC 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 02:49, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 20:55, Gene C. wrote:
> > While the menus on FC1 may not have had the applications I would like
> > come up in the main menu, there was "More" pointing to a submenu to get
> > additional application.  Now with FC2 there is only the top level menu.
> >  Is this the upstream approach to menus?  If it is, it is not very good!
> >  There is far too much on the First selection menu.  For example, on an
> > everything install system, the Games menus has to be scrolled to see
> > anything.
>
>         Someone is working on cleaning up the menus - it should be sorted
> soon.

Good!  I was getting worried.

I noticed that with kde 3.2.2, I have some menu editing capability now ... I
can add new launchers and I can add new submenues.  Although the new
launchers do have an effect and can be seen in the menu, the new submenus
disappear when the menu editor is run again and do not show up as a menu
item.  I can also move launchers between submenues but, again, this is only
in the menu editor and does not really effect anything.

I assume, given that FC2 final is "real soon now", the menus will be "fixed
up" to the best of anyones ability but the true menu fix with full editing
and gnome/kde compatibility will need be later (hopefully FC3).
--
Gene