USB Hotplug doesn't

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Mon Apr 19 12:53:59 UTC 2004

Following up to my own email...

I have looked into this issue a little more (I threw in debug statements)
and I found out that indeed /sbin/hotplug gets called at power-up time,
and it gets called when I _unplug_ a USB device,

but it DOESN"T get called when I plug _in_ a USB device.

Perusing the web, it seems as though its an application called 'khubd'
that is supposed to call /sbin/hotplug.  If I want to try to figure out
whats going on, I need to find the code for khubd, but so far... to no
success.

My best clue is stuff in /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.326/drivers/pci/hotplug.c
but I haven't found the code that actually calls /sbin/hotplug, let
alone the code that triggers the call, and why only unplugging triggers
the call.

I can't believe that I'm the only one with this problem.  :-(