Expectation Management for Test Releases

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 20 19:31:26 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Will Backman <whb at ceimaine.org> said:
> I don't see how the current release process is much different from
> before.  I was downloading and trying Redhat Linux betas before Fedora
> existed.

Before, there were several private beta releases to a controlled team
before any public betas were made (there were really more like 4-5 betas
and a release candidate or two, but only 3 public releases).  FC2 is the
first without that, and in some ways, it is showing.  I think the goal
of 3 test releases for FC2 is rather ambitious (especially with the
major changes of kernel 2.6 and SElinux); I'm not sure it is realistic
though.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>