Konqueror hangs when marking a text

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Thu Apr 22 08:45:13 UTC 2004

Hi,
whenever I try to mark a text within a Konqueror field like the bugzilla
entries (not the search field ins google, ...), Konqueror and the whole KDE
environment stops for some seconds.
The KNewsticker line is not moving as long as the hang goes on, and after
something around 8-15 seconds everything is ok.
All keyboard.hits I made while the Konqueror hangs are typed in when the
system "comes back", and while it hangs I am able to start things like the
process table through ctrl+esc (but not through menu).
Its reproducable everytime, but it seems to depend on the type of field where
you type in.

Does anyone else has this problem? Please report, so that I can start a
bugzilla entry or think about a reinstall.

Roland