AMD64: Java 1.5 Beta 1 does not work

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Apr 23 02:06:57 UTC 2004

Thomas Zehetbauer writes:

>> Well, at least it's a step in the right direction.  SDK 1.4 with FC1 oopses
>> the kernel, on AMD64.
>
> I am currently running on j2sdk1.4.2_04 with no problems, however I am
> using a vanilla 2.6.5 kernel...

Would you mind running a small test for me?  Install postgresql-devel and
postgresql-jdbc rpms; grab
http://beansman.sourceforge.net/beta/beans-0.07.tar.gz, fish the spec file
out of this tarball, remove the BuildPreReq for java-devel (unless by
pure coincidence you've installed the SDK using an rpm with a suitable
requires:), and try to build this sucker.

Just running javac against this sucker guarantees an oops from the 2.4
x86_64 kernel, at least on my box.

It's possible that this code won't build at all with the new postgres in
FC2test.  Forget the whole thing, then.