HOWTO Remove hardware modules from being loaded during boot???

David Kramer dkramer at reflect.com
Tue Apr 27 22:36:47 UTC 2004

I've just installed Fedora Core 2 on a Compaq x1000 laptop, unfortunately it
does not contain floppy drive, but yet my boot up process is trying to load
the floppy.ko module.  Some times I get a FATAL ERROR on boot up and it
hangs, other times I get the error but yet it is able to punch through it
and startup.  I dont have a clue how to remove this hardware from being
attempted to be loaded.  Any insight or reference to docs online would be
greatly appreciated, I have searched all over the web but most sites I find
talk about the hardware manager removing the non-existsant hardware?????

  Thanks,

    David