torrent question with panic

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 01:21:40 UTC 2004

Had my torrent going - about 6% downloaded - left the house for a few
hours.

Came home and had a kernel panic.
This is the only kernel panic I've had since that one that happened
during boot back I think in test1 (I think kernel .303) that lots of
people had.

It's possible xscreensaver caused the panic, but I haven't had any
caused by xscreensaver.

I've heard of nic driver problems with torrent in Windows - does this
ever happen in Linux?

My nic that's connected to the net is a tulip nic (Linksys NC100)
Connection is through pppoe

I'm running kernel 2.6.5-1.315 (the later ones have mysterious stalls on
my system - not crashes, just stalls)

Weird - I was getting decent download speed before with the torrent, now
it's really sucky. I would have thought that evening meant more users
meant good speed - what's up with that?

I'm also uploading way more than I'm downloading (about twice the rate)
- despite my adsl favoring download bandwidth.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/