Install kernel hangs

Jan Bernhardt jan at bwl.uni-kiel.de
Wed Apr 28 19:05:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 19:43, Till wrote:

> Nope!  I just tried to install test 3 on the same
> mobo as you and get the same thing.  Just sits
> there with a flashing cursor at - Ok booting the
> kernel :(
>
> Only I was booting from an IDE CD-Rom.

same thing here, p4p800, p4 2.8 ht. disabling ht does not help.

fc2t2 installed without problem, although upgrading to the current
kernel (2.6.5-327 or something) caused the up version to hang with the
error, while the smp version worked alright.

fc1 crashed during installation on this machine. seems there are some
substantial problem with the asus mainboard and linux.

- jan.

--
"I heard if you play the NT-CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows NT."