Clean install success

Elaine Normandy enormandy at stardel.com
Thu Apr 29 08:38:25 UTC 2004

I did a clean install from CDs without any problems.  I was one of those
who had a problem booting from CD1 for Test 2.  I've checked out all my
peripherals and they seem to be working:

Palm Pilot III
Epson Perfection 610 Scanner
ActionLaser 1500 (Had to use HP Laserjet 3 driver)
HP Deskjet 5550
Kodak DX3900 Digital Camera

I had a little difficulty with my backup data CD, but fortunately had
rsync'd my home directory to a local fileserver.  Redundancy is a Good
Thing.  Keeping a tar'd file of my old etc directory was also a good
thing, since I had to refer to it to configure the scanner.

I have a generic Athlon built by a local storefront six months ago, and
have been very pleased with how well Linux works on it, especially
considering all my peripherals were chosen before I decided to migrate
my personal desktop to Linux.

--
Elaine Normandy (Colorado Springs)
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/