NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

Jerone Young jerone2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 14:12:51 UTC 2004

I've actually finally pin pointed to the issue. There
are no issues 2D wise. But when I launch UT 2k4 the
1st time everything plays fine. But when I launch
UT2k4 a second time the machine just reboots. I'm
thinking UT2k4 (I have the latest fixes) could be more
so causing the issue in combination with the Nvidia
driver. I can launch Tux Racer till the cow come home,
and everything works fine.

                 Jerone

--- Aaron Hughes <hughesac at clarkson.edu> wrote:
> Jerone Young wrote:
> > The one on nvidia's website will not compile with
> 2.6.
> > You have to get modified installer from here:
> >
> > http://www.minion.de/
> >

> > It works great for me...some stability issues, but
> > Unreal 2k4 runs smoothly.
> >
> > --- jason perlow <perlow at linux-mag.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Has anyone had any success installing the NVIDIA
> >>drivers on a AMD 64
> >>system? I'm talking about NVIDIA's optimized
> >>drivers, not the ones built
> >>into Xorg.
> >>
> >>When I install the drivers, I get this error:
> >>
> >>Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
> >>-> License accepted.
> >>-> No precompiled kernel interface was found to
> >>match your kernel; would
> >>you li
> >>   ke the installer to attempt to download a
> kernel
> >>interface for your
> >>kernel f
> >>   rom the NVIDIA ftp site
> >>(ftp://download.nvidia.com)? (Answer: Yes)
> >>-> No matching precompiled kernel interface was
> >>found on the NVIDIA ftp
> >>site;
> >>   this means that the installer will need to
> >>compile a kernel interface for
> >>   your kernel.
> >>ERROR: The kernel header file

'/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.327smp/build/include/linux/modversions.h'