NFS install doesn't seem to like the ISO images

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 30 10:25:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 17:48, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 22:13, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   for the first time in a while, i decided to do an ISO-based NFS
> > install for FC2-t3.  took CD 1,
> >
> >   boot:  linux askmethod
> >
> > pointed the new host at the current server with the ISO images, and
> > got
> >
> >   "The Fedora Core installation tree in that directory does not
> >    seem to match your boot media."
> >
> > the phase "installation tree" is, i'm assuming, a bit misleading since,
> > historically, you could point the install at an NFS-exported directory
> > that contained the ISO images themselves , and i'm assuming you can still
> > do that, no?
> >
> >   i didn't see anything in google about this.  thoughts?  that directory
> > certainly contains the FC2-t3 ISO images.
> >
> > rday
>
> I don't recall ever doing that for nfs installs. http, ftp and Hard
> Disk, sure. I could be wrong.
>
> --
> Chris Kloiber

Chris,

I had the same problem.  I tried the FCT2 CD 1, using askmethod and got
the message noted above.  I assumed that there was some kind of check to
insure I was booting from the correct install CD.  I burned the boot
image iso from the images directory and used it to boot into the NFS
install.  Worked fine.

Bob...