X and Logitech optical mouse (OEM)

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo k at dicec.cl
Fri Apr 30 13:54:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 02:17, anmitaro at uniba.it wrote:
> Hello all...
> I just managed to install FC2 Test 3 on a PC with a Logitech optical mouse,
> PS/2, OEM version.
>
> During the install process, the pointer acted weirdly (random movements,
> buttons not functioning properly), being unuseable... I had to use the
> keyboard in anaconda in order to install FC2.
> The same problem presented after the reboot... I tried several other mouse
> drivers in X (not only the IMPS/2 one) with no success.
>
> Any idea?

I had a similar behavior in some pc's when then configured mouse was a
2/3 button ps/2 mouse and the physical device was a wheelmouse... and
viseversa.... running redhat-config-mouse/system-config-mouse can
correct the problem.... any kind of wheel mouse is always a wheel
mouse.... and should not be used configured as a 2/3 button mouse...

that could do the trick...

greets

--
Christian B. Ellsworth Capo (k at dicec.cl)
Linux Chief Engineer

DICEC Ltda.
Mariano Sanchez Fontecillas 966b, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.
Phone (56 2) 2633340
Fax (56 2) 2071820
Mobile (56 9) 4195632

All Your Base Are Belong To Tux