header/RPM mismatch

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Apr 30 15:25:50 UTC 2004

> Yes, I think you should pick one and throw the rest away.  Fedora
> shouldn't because different people like different packages.  What's this
> business with multiple GUIs?  multiple editors?  multiple browsers?
>
> For that matter, Fedora only ships two (up2date and yum) and both are
> using the same format for backend repos by default.

Hi,
 I agree with some points here. Things should be easier for the updating
and believe me, people are watching and reading and taking notes. And
despite the busyness that we all have we're trying to reach some
consensus on how to solve these problems w/o pissing off too many people
and w/o trying to make people feel slighted.

I'm working on making yum faster for dep resolution and to do away with
the header download, except for headers of packages you actually have to
install. :)

There is lots of work to be done. There has been some discussion
fedora-config-list on the best way to address it and there are lots of
needs to be addressed. I hope that there is some work in place to show
to users by the time FC3 test1 shows up.

Bear with us - it won't be fixed for fc2 - so there's not much point in
discussing it on fedora-test-list but on fedora-devel-list and
fedora-config-list I think constructive criticism would be welcome.

Thanks,
-sv