how to set up ftp install server

rshaw5 at midsouth.rr.com rshaw5 at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 01:29:14 UTC 2004

I just did it today by trial and error. I copied the entire first disk to a directory accessable from FTP; then just copied the RPM's from disks 2-4 into the RPM directory of disk 1. Burned the ~4MB boot image so I only lost one CDR instead of 4 and did a "linux askmethod". When it asks for the ftp location just point to the directory that would be the root of the CD.

I actually have a set of CD-RW's I reuse for each new version but my laptop doesn't like booting from them.

Richard